Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Litter Bug!

This morning I'm driving down Imperial Hwy to meet up with my MOMS club at the park and the car in front of me( he passenger) starts throwing trash out the window! Not a little bit....a lot! First comes some kind of wrapper, then a Capri Sun, then a plastic straw cover, then the inside plastic tray from a lunchables and THEN the BOX from the lunchables!!! I'm on the phone with my dad and I'm getting MAD......really MAD. Who does this? I know I'm not the best at being green, but jeeze louise, at least I recycle and don't throw my trash out on the highway! So my dad tells me to write their licence plate number down and report them.....well why do that when they have their window open? So I speed up, pull up next to them and proceed to yell at the lady throwing the trash. (who happens to have a handful in her hand just as I pull up.) "STOP THROWING TRASH OUT THE WINDOW!!!! IT'S AGAINST THE LAW!!! THERE ARE TRASH CANS ALL OVER THE PLACE, GO FIND ONE!!!!" Yes, this is what I yelled. And while I was yelling I proceeded to scare my kids into crying fits and had them saying for me to stop. I then had to pull over to explain why mommy was so mad and that what the lady did was wrong and against the law! Hopefully this lady will never do it again.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I would have done the same thing. Once I pulled up to a lady and yelled cause her kid was unbuckled and jumping all over the car! The kid was about four.
Seriously where are the policemen at times like this. Instead of ticketing me for 6 miles over the speed limit! Jeesh!

Anonymous said...

good for you!

scrapnchat said...

That is funny. I don't blame you though. What did she do? I am afraid to yell at anyone these days while they are driving. People are psycho. Did she give you the finger??? That would have been fun to explain to Zachary..... can't believe she was so blatant. Heather