Friday, August 22, 2008

It's been awhile

Since my last post. I don't know why blogger is always the first thing to get put to the wayside when life gets crazy. We've had lots of football practice, a funeral, a final soccer game, out of town guests, a carnival to go to, and a trip to Palm Desert. Zach & I spent 4 days at my Grandmas this week. I needed that break from all the hustling around. Though I was very stressed leaving because a lot is coming up in the next two weeks. So anyways.....back to my Grandma. I swear not within the first few hours we were there that she got some disturbing news. "Hi, I'm a letter from the County of Riverside telling you that one of the healthcare facilities you recently visited had a patient that has tuberculosis and you've possibly been exposed. Here's an 800 # to call to schedule a test." Aaaaaccccck! Guess what kept her very upset for the next 20hrs? Yes only 20 because then she had a PETscan (checks her organs and tumors) and they tell her that her tumor is pressing up against her kidney and could make it die. Therefore she needs a stint to block the tumor. She'll be having that procedure in about a week. My poor grandma has endured so much. I tried to keep positive for her, though inside I'm asking "how much more can she take?"

Oh to a happier moment....Ryan's work had their company picnic last Saturday. It was a carnival and my boys had the best time. Austin was on the bumper cars for 2 1/2 hrs straight. He was in heaven. Zach went up and down this slide for about an hour. We just found a spot to sit and enjoy all the food.






Austin has a scrimmage tomorrow morning. Hope he does well. I think he's excited because he's a little wild tonight. After I'm scrapping with friends the rest of the day. Looking so forward to some me time. Sunday we are going to the show, Walking with the Dinosaurs. I can't wait. I'm on countdown to Creative Escape...12days, 1 hour, 48 minutes. And my trip to NYC is in 53 days. I only know the breakdown to CE because it's on their website. :)



No comments: