Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Just another week....

Do you ever feel that way sometimes? The monotomy of the day in and day out? Take someone here, pick this one up, wash the dishes, make the beds, cook dinner......the routine gets so monotomous sometimes. I look more and more forward to weekends, because I slack on the weekends ;) I'm also really looking forward to an early Spring Break. My aunt and cousins are all flying out on April 2nd to spend 9 days at my grandmas. I'm going to spend a few days with them and celebrate my grandma's 77th birthday. This is something that will definitely break up the routine!
My Grandma is doing o.k. The cancer is definitely winning. She's lost 40lbs and is extremely anemic and her blood levels are super low so she's had 5 blood transfusions in the last month. They (the dr's) believe it's the tumor that is literally sucking the blood right out of her. She's such a fighter though and has a great positive outlook. She recently hired a full time nurse to help with making meals and taking her places because she does get so weak at times. I'm glad she does know that she can't do it all and to accept the help.

Have a great Tuesday.....we're off to the park to bask in the beautiful sunshine!

1 comment:

Bec said...

I hope you have a great time with your family. I will be in MEMPHIS!!!! only over the weekend though. :) Give your Grandma my best. See you soon.