Friday, March 20, 2009

Genetics

It seems as though my genetics won't allow me to have low blood pressure. I have been working to get mine down for over a year, but nothing seems to be working. I've now lost 9lbs and am eating the healthiest ever with working out and building my core. But my blood pressure just stays slightly high. So I'm back on medicine. What a drag.

Back around December I had stood up from sitting and my left knee wouldn't straighten out. I thought, "oh wow, I must have sat wrong." Well for months now my knee tightens up every time I sit and it takes a few minutes for it to loosen up. I also can't kneel on my left knee or put any direct weight on it. In the last month it's been hurting all day with sharp pain, it wakes me at night and after I workout........that's the worse. My trainer said I need to find out what's going on because I could be seriously be damaging it. Yesterday I went for a series of x-rays. Unfortunately I won't find anything out for at least a week. I hope it's nothing serious. When I've spoke to some people about knee surgery stuff I start to get squeamish. I do not do well with medical /surgery stuff.

Isn't this fun stuff!?! Oh the joys of getting older! Taking the boys to Disneyland today. Austin does not have school. Nothing planned for the weekend but relaxing! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, my BP is high too...it wasn't and then it was- and rather than do damage to my heart, I went on meds. I think it's 100% better to be on meds than to be surprised by a heart attack.

Bec said...

Mine is high too but my doc doesn't want to put me on BP meds just yet...So, I am doing what you did...trying to get it down. UGH!!!