Monday, November 12, 2007

I am SO happy the kids don't have school today. It's nice to have a lazy here and there. Austin doesn't have school later this week (Th &F) and we're going to go to Disneyland one of the days. I so hope they have some holiday stuff out. I know they said the 16th kicks off Christmas, but maybe they'll have stuff out on the 15th? Today we're gonna see the BEE movie. And then I'm gonna work on a project~Thanksgiving cards. I so hope I can get them done fast. I want to send the kids school pictures in them.

I went scrapbooking yesterday at work. I brought my ipod and just tuned everything out and got busy. I finished a layout that I am absolutely love. I'm doing about 4 version of them because I have so many pictures. My idea was to use black & cream. Candice Carpenter did a class way back in June at the Bee with the same concept. I downloaded her ideas and used them for inspiration. So here's the first one;
I'm almost done with #2. Using the black & cream stuff is much easier than I thought. I also did these bowling layouts. My Ali Edwards book, Designers Eye is one of my favorite books for inspiration and that's where I got this idea from.
Blogger is being a pain and I can't upload any pictures. I'll insert them later.

While I was working away listening to some tunes, I realized I've been kind of living in a cave. I don't really know any new artists. I know more of the "pop" ones, but the alternative music I'm at a loss. Ryan downloaded a couple songs for me. I saw these artists on SNL-Fiest and Spoon. I love their sound and would love to have a whole collection of alternative/indie sounding music. Does anybody have any reccomendations?

Well I have to run, I'll check back later to insert pics. Hopefully blogger will be behaving.

2 comments:

illyse said...

We saw the BEE movie today too! I thought it was cute. Sammie got a little squirmy but she seemed to like it.

Anonymous said...

can't wait to SEE!! Hiya Echo...hope you're doing good!! ~Leslie