Friday, July 27, 2007

Happy HOT Friday!

Man is it yucky out today! We finished up our first session of swim lessons this morning, Austin passed and Zachary is to repeat. (check Zach jumping off the diving board...he's not scared at all!) Which is totally fine, he's just learning and doing awesome! We spent the morning with my mom running errands and having lunch, which is always a good time. That is.......until she dropped the biggest bomb on me. I'm getting choked up just thinking about it. My brother Colin is being deployed. I'm so confused because they wouldn't let him go "active duty" when he came back from boot camp. They said there is a "6 month waiting period". Wow......that was a superfast speed up. He's going to paramedic training in a few weeks and then he's off. We don't know how long, but I'm really scared and sad about this. I'm praying it's not in the middle of any "hot spots" of war and that it's not for a long time. Oh please let it be a mistake, I'm having a hard time bearing this thought of him being in a war. My mom is a mess. There we were crying and hugging in the middle of Costco.....not the best time to tell me, but she said she had to tell someone. I'm the first to know.
(that's Colin on the right)
Well, I work tonight and tomorrow we have 2 birthday parties! My Great Aunt turns 90! and my dad turns 57! Scrapping Sunday at the Bee.......come by and say hi sometime this weekend if you're in the area.

2 comments:

illyse said...

boGreat pic of Zach jumping off the diving board. Sorry to hear about your brother Colin. How scary! I hope all will be okay. Have fun scrappin! I'll think of you while I'm deep in my garage covered in dust and spider webs.. ugggh!

illyse said...

oops.. me again.. I dont' know what that "bo" is before my comment.. Can't get it to go away.. just a typo??