First off.....I cannot believe I've had that much to say! And this is going to be a good post because it's all about CHA & Chicago.
I left bright and early Thursday morning to LAX and extremely nervous because I've only flown one other time by myself. Things go pretty smooth with little time to spare and I'm off at 9am to Chicago. I arrive at 3pm call Karen and we're totally excited and ready to go! Man we're making great time......that's until we walk outside to catch the bus. We landed at Midway and had to

take a bus to O'Hare. We missed it by 10 minutes and had to wait an hour for the next one. So now it's 4:15 and we're on our way......that is, until we get on the freeway and are in dead stop gridlock! UGH!!!! Well, we get to our hotel at 6pm and now our disposition is declining because we're hungry and it's get later......we have a preview party at Creative Imaginations and by the time we get there, the little food they have left is COLD! But the new collections ROCK and we did an awesome make 'n take. We have big plans for the fall with one of their designers......can you guess who this girl is squished between us? (that's your hint of who it is!)
Saturday consisted of tons of shopping......TONS! We are going to have sooooo many new great lines at the Bee. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming. Saturday night we took the train to



downtown to celebrate Christine & Jennifer's Birthday with some traditional deep dish pizza. As we were walking across the river we saw film production going on and someone said that they are filming BATMAN 5!!!! How cool is that? On our venture

back to the train Christine had some leftover pizza in a box......we felt bad just leaving it. We had a plan to give to a homeless person. Christine stops and asks this
person if they would like some pizza. They were sitting by the bridge, it was 11pm, they were reading, had crazy mixed up clothing one.....Ok, HE's homelesss right??? First off it was a girl and she said, "we're you looking to give this to a homeless person? Because I'm with the movie." Well......Christine being as smooth as ever not missing a beat says, "well, no.....I just didn't want this to go to waste." The girls takes it and we are in stiches because we're embarrassed, but then realize......if someone offers you food because they think you look homeless.....maybe it's time for a MAKEOVER!
Sunday & Monday we shopped our hearts out. So much to choose from. Monday I was exhausted and ready to come home. Again, I'll show ya some more sneak peeks of what's to come. I finally feel like I'm back to normal.
Tonight I work and guess what I'm doing???? Setting out all the new Daisy D's fall collection!!! Come by tomorrow and it'll all be out for ya to shop! It's beautiful...the colors are so rich. We also were one of the first to order Basic Grey.....but we only ordered chipboard books and alphas, we were'nt digging the collection. So watch for that too, it should be here soon also! I also wanted to let you know that I'm now going to be contributing to the Red Bee's blog, so you can click the link on my "blogs I read". (you have to click on there....I have way more pics there from the show!)
4 comments:
yeah echo. so glad you had a blast.
cant wait to see more pics.
I kept checking your blog for an update like a loser :)
erika
It sounds like a blast!! More pictures please!
Oh, you lucky girl! I wanna go look at all of the new stuff...maybe next time :)Loved the pizza to the "homeless" story!
Did you forget to mention who pointed the "homeless" person out? Hmm...just about wanted to crawl into my little cave and disappear for a short while. Well homeless or not, my heart was in the right place. Now my other question would be what non-homeless person would accept food from a stranger? This entire picture is all wrong ;)
Post a Comment