Tuesday, February 16, 2010
What's going on with me?
For the last year and a half I've been going through something I couldn't explain. Erratic periods, mood swings, high blood pressure, night sweats, fatigued all the time, and just feeling "off." I would tell my primary doctor my symptoms and she would say, "you're too young to be peri-menopausal" even though I had ALL the symptoms. So I went to my Gyno and he said the same thing. He handed me a prescription to regulate me and sent me on my way. The hormone didn't work. I took it for 6 months and my cycles came whenever they wanted and often. After the 6 months all of a sudden my period stopped altogether. I knew something was still not right. I went back to my gyno doctor and he wanted to do a hysteroscopy...basically clean my "pipes out." So when we got back from Maui something in my gut told me no, don't do it. So I got a second opinion. He listened and asked if I had a blood test to test my FSH levels. Nope, he just wanted to go straight to surgery. Well I got my results and the reason why I have been feeling this way is because I am in Premature Ovarian Failure. I guess this would explain why I haven't been able to get pregnant for the last 2 years! We always thought it would just "happen" but now know why it hasn't and won't. The symptoms are awful....as a women the hot flashes and night sweats are miserable. I'm on a natural remedy to replace estrogen in my body and am taking it from there. I wanted to share this because we as women have to stand up for ourselves. I would have had surgery that was totally useless and still have had the same problems. Don't ever let a doctor intimidate you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Wow! Echo...thanks for sharing...so, you are feeling better? It is amazing how complicated the woman's body is and how hormones can screw up so much. Can you keep us posted, I have never heard of this. Glad you got some answers.
Post a Comment