My Grandma. Well it's not good. She is still trying to recover from her surgery. I don't know if her quality of life will ever be the same. She was told on Monday that the chemo treatment that they could do would only give her about a 15% chance of working and all it would do is give her a little more time. There is a second one, but unfortunately she needs to be 100% from the surgery and she's far from that and it would only work about 35%. Next week Monday I'm driving out there and spending the week taking care of her. We're all taking turns. My mom, aunt, uncle, cousins and even my sister flies in in November. It's just heart wrenching. Today I had a counseling appointment~it's really to help her with Austin and what needs to be worked on, but this one I had to talk about my grandma. I had to cancel a few because of being out there. So she asked if I had told my grandma what I love about her and what I will cherish. No, I hadn't. I know it sounds easy, but you just want to be so upbeat that you don't want to be too melancholy. So she said to write it down and tell her next week. I will do this. As hard as it may be, I need to tell her.
I'm also looking forward to going to Ontario Expo for a few hours
Friday morning. I so hope to find this! Please, please someone have it in stock! And I'm hoping they are there. Ok, I need to go to bed. I'm over tired and have tired cried out eyes. I think I cried three times today. Once at counseling, once when Jenn & talked and then with Jamie. Man I'm a big blubbering mess! Goodnight!



3 comments:
great pics....I am sorry again about your grandmother...I hope she is at least comfortable while she recovers.
I will have to check out that cookbook, I saw chef jeff on kitchen impossible and thought he was awesome.
sending good vibes
erika
Feel better.....so great that you have a whole week to spend with your grandmother again. Have fun at the expo.
I am so happy that you guys had a good time at the park....please keep the updates coming about your gma. Were you able to talk with her about what we discussed?
Sending good vibes to you and your gma!
Post a Comment